The crowds have all fizzled out so treat yourself to a relaxing cruise vacation.
Once all the kids are back in school and the fun of summer has started to wind down, February becomes an attractive time to go on holiday.
Where should you go? We’ve got the best destinations to cruise in February. Take advantage of this quieter shoulder season and see the best sights without the crowds.
Top 4 places to cruise in February
Journey to the historic heart of Australian wine.
South Australia boasts the oldest vines in Australia and is responsible for almost half of the country’s annual production. The Barossa Valley and Adelaide Hills are two of the most renowned wine regions and are an easy day trip from Adelaide.
- Departures from: Sydney, Fremantle and Melbourne.
- Why February? Cooler weather means the start of the grape harvest season, and February is also when the popular Adelaide Fringe festival is on.
Relax in a tropical paradise.
A trip to Maldives is all about the water. Sparkling lagoons, private beaches, and coral reefs attract people from all over the world. Underwater, you can spot sea life such as manta rays and giant whale sharks during a snorkel or dive trip.
- Departures from: Cruises don’t tend to depart from Sydney to Maldives. Popular starting ports are from within the Maldives Islands.
- Why February? You’ll be visiting right in the middle of the dry season when water temperatures are starting to rise.
Explore a country filled with spirituality, chaos and adventure.
A whole world of culture, history and remarkable scenery can be found in India. With palm-fringed beaches in the south and rugged, mountainous landscapes to the north, each state offers a vastly different experience, even down to its food. Some of the world’s most iconic architecture can be found here, including the Taj Mahal.
- Departures from: Sydney is the main Australian port for cruises departing for India. Around the world you can also depart fromDubai, Singapore, Abu Dhabi and Colombo.
- Why February? Winter brings cooler, dry weather and the monsoon season is still months away. February also features many festivals around India, including Goa Carnival.
Vacation where the mega-rich spend their holidays.
See the over-the-top world of Dubai for yourself: a city of 7-star hotels, man-made islands shaped like a palm tree and the tallest building on earth. It’s not just a shopper’s paradise, you can also relax and soak up the sun in the over 1,000 km of coastline.